Jewellery Manufacture Since 1998
Wax setting for jewelry
Stone-in-place casting has been done in the CHINGYING JEWELRY for more than 20 years. In the beginning, though, this process was used very discreetly, since wax setting conveyed tremendous economic benefits and an edge over competitors. In recent years, CHINGYING JEWELRY wax setting is Mature technology has Very trustworthy . Here we will post more about the wax setting knowledge
What jewelry stones can be wax setting ?
The stones most commonly set in wax setting are diamond, sapphire, ruby, and garnet. (Ruby and sapphire are second only to diamond in hardness.) Cubic zirconia and laboratory grown colored stones can also be used.
Gemstones should be flawless and of high quality, since those with inclusions tend to become milky or frosty during High temperature casting process.
There are many stones that can be wax setting , but success is determined by Mold, master setting skill and the care taken in investment removal and in monitoring temperature controls during casting.
What types of jewelry settings can be used for wax setting ?
Numerous types of jewelry settings can be used for wax setting . In flush mountings, prong settings, or bead settings ,channel settings , the model is made so that the setting’s dimensions are fractionally smaller than the stone’s girdle diameter. The modelmaker must also calculate the shrinkage factor. If the setting dimensions are not correct the stone may be lost or dislodged during casting.
Gemstones are often set by gently pressing a heated wax pen tip on the top of the stone. The gemstone is heated and slips easily into the setting. The process works great for most jewelry settings.
How do you keep gemstones from falling out of place once the waxes have been burnt out?
If the stone is not secure in its seat, the stone will move during casting and become embedded in another area of the jewelry item . To keep stones in place, stones should be exposed at both the top and the bottom. Remember, the wax areas will be replaced by metal, while all the areas exposed to you will be filled with investment. When the wax is burnt out, the gemstones are held securely in place by the investment.
It’s helpful to start with the jewelry basics of jewelry :Gemstones metal setting options
- Delicate French V-Split jewelry setting: this jewelry setting style is made with delicately split prongs that form a scalloped-shape when viewed from the side
- Pave jewelry setting: a dramatic jewelry setting that is created using shared prongs and three or more rows of expertly placed gemstones melee
- Surface prong jewelry setting: in this jewelry setting style, small shared prongs are raised slightly above the surface of the metal and tiny cuts are made for the melee culets
- Shared prong jewelry settings: a versatile style, typically also suitable for larger gemstones as well, featuring either opened or closed galleries
- Bar setting: an elegant jewelry setting style that uses small cuts in metal ‘bars’ on either side of the gemstones melee to hold in place
- Bezel jewelry setting: a clean-looking style that encircles the gemstones melee with a tiny rim of precious metal
- Bead bright jewelry setting: this is a very popular and versatile jewelry setting style, with shared prongs and usually a slightly beveled side wall
- Scallop jewelry setting: another favorite setting style, these are delicate shared prongs that form a scalloped-shape when viewed from the side
- Channel setting: a classic and clean-looking setting style where the melee is set between recessed metal walls, without prongs
- Fishtail setting: an elegant setting where the diamond melee is set low into the metal with delicate fishtail-shaped cuts
- Flush jewelry setting: a sleek setting style in which diamond melee is set individually, directly into the metal and without prongs
Jewellery Manufacture Since 1998
Get started with us : firstname.lastname@example.org